Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Basketball highlights

There are lots of serious topics swirling around in my head. Lately, I have been working on an updated, improved version of http://stewardshipmandate.com/ which should go live in the next week.

I take a break from my serious side, to list my top 7 basketball videos from You Tube- I could not limit to 5. I love the game. Some of these are awe-inspiring; others funny. A tribute to some of my favorite players growing up:

1. Jim Carrey's portrayal of a weird pick-up basketball player in Cable Guy. I love the line, "Oh, I see we were playing prison rules, huh?"

2. "Pistol" Pete Maravich- the original "Showtime"


3. Len Bias- tragically died of a cocaine overdose within 48 hours of being the 2nd pick in the NBA draft. This tragedy was the beginning of the demise of the Boston Celtics- who have not been good sense this happened. Bias was my favorite player in high school. I wish I could have watched him for many more years.


4. Nerf Dunking Contest- this is genius. Funny stuff! Reminds me of my high school and college days.


5. Michael Jordan- wow! What can you say? Is this guy human?


6. Larry Bird- he wasn't called Larry Legend for nothing.


7. Baylor University Basketball highlights- okay apologies to Magic Johnson for choosing this over you. But I have some excitement over Baylor's basketball potential this year. They have 4 players that have played together for 3 years and I think this could be a breakthrough year for them.


Disclaimer: some of these videos are best viewed without any sound. Not what I would pick for the music choices...

All things for God's glory (including recreation),

Ashley Hodge

No comments: