Sunday, October 30, 2005

Little sponges

I have a 1 1/2 years old son. I am reminded daily of how more is caught than taught. I office out of home and every morning after spending a little time with my boy, I go into my office, shut the door and start my work day.

Today, my wife and I chuckled as we watched Hudson- my son- go into my office, shut the door and plop himself in my office chair computer mouse in hand. He did this four times.

People watch our lives. Stewardship matters. There is something within every soul that is curious about the Christian life. Men and women may never seek it without the Spirit of God to draw them to Him. But they still have admiration for the ones that are willing to leave it all for the sake of Christ.

Fortunately, we have a model to follow- Christ. I Peter 2:21 tells us that Christ suffered for us to leave us an example that we may follow in His steps. Ephesians 5:1-2, "Be imitators of God as dearly loved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us..."

Money, ability, time and health- MATH if you like acronyms- are entrusted to Christians so that we might reflect the grace and holiness of our King. Life is very short. A few more funerals, weddings, seasons, elections and our time will be gone on the earth as we know it. But the Christian has a great promise to look forward to: paradise lost will be paradise renovated.

There is a day coming when we will enjoy pristine beaches with no trash, lewd behavior, high prices and hurricanes. There will be mountains without pollution and the effects of sin. We will witness and participate in athletic contests where people play to their potential. Learning will be unhindered by all the distractions that we currently deal with. Neighborhoods will be renovated without the fear of crime and decay. Sin will be abolished. Christ will be present. Do you long for that day?

Then make the most of this one brief life by becoming serious about stewardship. God has entrusted us with much and therefore much will be required- Luke 12:48. I encourage us all to constantly think about and improve on how we are modeling Christ to those around us.

For His Glory,

Ashley Hodge

No comments: