Sunday, December 11, 2005

God's Faithfulness Through Prayer

My wife- Amy- had a spinal cord tumor removed last week. I had sent out a cry for prayer to over 300 people that I know. I had asked for three specific requests:
  1. That the doctors/nurses were able to remove the tumor without any complications.
  2. That she recover from the surgery quickly with no paralysis, blood clots or damage to other areas of her body.
  3. That the tumor is not cancerous.

Although we are waiting for official word and confirmation on #2 and #3, all indications are that these prayers were answered by God in a positive way. We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and prayers that we received from people. Clients, friends, family and neighbors reached out to us with care for our toddler, meals for over a month and continual prayer.

It is a reminder to me to be specific in prayer and to keep a log of what we ask God for. God is pleased to reveal His glory to us and through us. Specific, persistent prayer is one of the means that He enjoys lavishing His people with His abundant grace.

What you measure tends to improve! This fact has been impressed on my mind the past two weeks with my efforts to improve my diet and exercise plan. I dropped 7 lbs and 1 1/2 inches from my waist in two weeks by setting goals and executing a plan with focus. The same is true in prayer.

Do you keep a list of people that you are praying for? Conversions to Christ? Neighbors? Children? Healing? Ministries to expand influence and effectiveness? Marriages? Financial needs? Stewardship goals? God will honor prayer that is centered on promoting His glory and is also persistent- Luke 11:5-13.

For His Glory,

Ashley Hodge

No comments: